[Talk-GB] Marking landuse and field boundaries

Nick Allen nick.allen.54 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 22:23:48 GMT 2013

Steve,

Putting another perspective on this, one of my other hobbies is
Scouting, where I try to teach young people about maps & navigation. In
this country there is a tendency to assume that any navigation must
involve OS maps, & I try to widen their knowledge & get them to question
the accuracy of anything they are using for navigation. I've put in
quite a few boundaries & barriers, to OSM, and I produce paper maps for
my Scouts to navigate by, before I introduce them to compasses, GPS's &
anything else that aids navigation.

As a mapper, I do find that it is getting more & more difficult to alter
or add to data because we've added so much detail. I would like someone
(sorry, don't have any skills in the software department) to produce
something that aids in editing densely compacted data - certainly I've
made my share of mistakes in the past & then spent twice as long trying
to correct them.

I don't know about anyone else, but every so often I need a break from
walking residential streets collating address details, and a walk in the
countryside works for me.

Regards

Nick (Tallguy)