[Talk-GB] Marking landuse and field boundaries

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 3 13:30:47 GMT 2013

I was inspired by "Strange but Untrue" mapping from Bowburn and South of
Durham City. She did amazing detail with the footpaths, types of barriers,
and gates. She also went on some interesting walks by the looks of it.

Over a year ago, I did some tracing to make a line of barriers and landuse
from Croxdale curving S/SE round to Sherburn. The idea to make it a target
for me to do (including ground surveying as needed & house numbers),
filling in between there and Durham City. Sadly I've not been too strong on
it.

Middlesbrough has a lot more land use are surrounding it. But it's been
done by as large areas of farmland to quickly fill in the "blank canvas",
and I'm not sure it has much ground-knowledge at all.

Perhaps together, we could make County Durham a great example of landuse
and barrier mapping?

--
Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com