[Talk-GB] Marking landuse and field boundaries

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Thu Jan 3 20:00:39 GMT 2013

Gregory wrote:

> Middlesbrough has a lot more land use are surrounding it. But it's
> been done by as large areas of farmland to quickly fill in the "blank
> canvas", and I'm not sure it has much ground-knowledge at all.

That does highlight an issue that I find frustrating - that mapping of
landuse / barriers etc. is a particular problem if it's done badly (e.g.
ways that share some nodes but not others, that share nodes with things
that they shouldn't because they were added at too low a zoom level, or
were added based on historical low-resolution sources such as NPE).

If you're going to add individual fields, make sure that you've got some
GPS traces to line the imagery up with, and do a rough visual survey
from over the hedge to make sure that all the field boundaries are
actually still there!

Cheers,
Andy