[Talk-GB] Marking landuse and field boundaries

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:22:33 GMT 2013

> Middlesbrough has a lot more land use are surrounding it. But it's been
> done by as large areas of farmland to quickly fill in the "blank canvas",
> and I'm not sure it has much ground-knowledge at all.
>
> I think I started that (or at least the bit to the West of Hartlepool).
It is pretty accurate - it is a large area of farmland.  Always
opportunities to add more detail though - when is a clump of trees part of
the farm, and when is it a natural=wood?
The biggest problem is deciding how to deal with edges of the areas - it is
neatest to share nodes, but it is a right pain to edit thenm once they are
joined together, so I think I kept a lot of them as separate nodes placed
very close together, but it does look as though there are noticable gaps
now.

I'll add some field boundaries when I get bored....

GJ

--
Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK.