[Talk-GB] [OSM-talk] Rendering of Farmland not 'Light' enough?

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 10:13:42 GMT 2013

On 6 January 2013 01:54, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I prefer landuse areas to be darker than the default light gray background
> color in the Standard rendering. This makes it obvious (especially on LCD
> screens where lightness/luminance of colors vary depending on the viewing
> angle) that there is a tagged area there.
>
> You could make the case that the farmuse area could be lighter than it is
> now and/or use a different hue than brown, but don't make it as light as the
> default background color.

+1

In the first proposal, I find it very difficult to see the difference
between the farmland and the non-tagged areas. It's a bit easier in
the second proposal. It could maybe be made a bit lighter, but not by
that much. What's the lightness of the current landuse=residential
grey? What does it look like if you match the farmland colour to that?

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker