[Talk-GB] Anyone famiiar with Hay-on-Wye?

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Sun Jan 6 14:35:04 GMT 2013

On 06/01/2013 14:02, SomeoneElse wrote:
> I recently deleted a doodle in Hay-on-Wye, but after doing so noticed
> that to there northwest there seem to be a cycle path and a footpath
> _very_ close together:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.073537&lon=-3.130221&zoom=18&layers=M
>
> I guess that this could be correct, but presumably it's also possible
> that they're really the same thing.

I did the original ground survey for Hay in 2007. I still have the
files, but unfortunately they are so old JOSM won't open them any more,
so I can't see exactly what I did originally. My original work has long
since been superseded here.

But I don't remember there being two parallel paths east of the steps,
and I only have one GPS trace.

So I think you're right, they are the same thing. It's part of the NCN,
so it should be a cycleway, not a footpath.

And yes, it is an old railway.

David