[Talk-GB] Rendering of disused railway stations

Derick Rethans osm at derickrethans.nl
Thu Jan 17 22:43:02 GMT 2013

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013, Bogus Zaba wrote:

> Has anybody else noticed / been annoyed by the way that disused railway
> stations are rendered just like regular railway stations on the cycle map,
> transport map and MapQuest open views of OSM?

I think disused railways and raillines that are not visible on the
ground shouldn't be in the data base. If the structure and/or tracks are
still there, they should be rendered differently. However, because it's
no longer a station, railway=station seems inappropriate.

cheers,
Derick

--
http://derickrethans.nl | http://xdebug.org