[Talk-GB] Invisible/impassable rights-of-way

Andy Street mail at andystreet.me.uk
Fri Jan 25 19:26:20 GMT 2013

On Fri, 2013-01-25 at 19:01 +0000, Henry Gomersall wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-01-25 at 18:52 +0000, Andy Street wrote:
> > when someone builds a house over a public right of way
>
> Does that happen often? Is there not some requirement to then knock the
> house down again if it's blocking a right of way?

Not all that often but there are occasions when someone drops the ball.
The case I was thinking of when I wrote that seemed more accidental than
deliberate and was fixed by the local authority making a diversion order
to move the path around the edge of the property.

Other interesting paths I've seen include going through the side wall of
a barn and across the middle of an effluent pond in a sewage works!

Regards,

Andy