[Talk-GB] BBC article on volunteers mapping hillforts

Adam Hoyle adam.lists at dotankstudios.com
Mon Jul 8 10:07:18 UTC 2013

John,

This would be awesome information to have in OSM, but as it is historic information, sometimes with no obvious above ground visualisation, is it definitely appropriate for the project? (Personally I hope it is, but wanted to see what the consensus is).

There are existing sites such as http://www.themodernantiquarian.com and http://www.megalithic.co.uk/ which contain a lot of information on such things but as far as I know they lack a map feature - seems to me that OSM would be perfect if it's deemed appropriate by the community

There is a list of the people involved here: http://www.arch.ox.ac.uk/hillforts-atlas-team.html anyone on here already know any of them already?

Best,

Adam