[Talk-GB] First pass at cross reference to UK tile sources.

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 21:36:43 UTC 2013

The list of available historic maps UK we can use directly as backgrounds to OSM
data is growing nicely. I've tabulated ones I've had a play with on
http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/index.php?page=Tile+Server+Sources and a number of them
can be selected as backgrounds on http://myhomecloud.co.uk:8080/osrm/
The myhomecloud site will be tidied up and much of this will be hosted there,
but currently the index of data is at
http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/index.php?page=Mapping+Index

Now that there are a number of alternative UK sources I'll switch the mapserver
page back to it's original map set covering the Isle of Man on it's own. The old
maps need a little tweek to align them better with OSM, and then these views can
be added to the timeline.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL