[Talk-GB] Finding Unmapped public rights of way

Steven Horner steven at stevenhorner.com
Mon Jul 29 12:43:33 UTC 2013

Personally I just produced the Durham map to show how much work is still to
be done.

Then use this as a basis to go out and survey.

A lot of the PRoW are incorrect anyway when actually on the ground. Even
when they have been amended officially, either the council doesn't update
their data or ordnance survey have not used the data sent.

This is one of the biggest advantages to OSM, it is updated. If the OSM and
walking community could come together to fill in the missing data. For
instance I know the Ramblers in Durham walked every path in the county a
couple of years ago. I wonder if they have the GPX tracks, I will make
enquiries.