[Talk-GB] Current status on UK Council footpath data

Barry Cornelius barrycorneliusuk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 10:22:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, 6 Jun 2013, sk53.osm wrote:
> One thing which concerns me is the 'private' release of Open Data. A number
> of counties have given ProW data to persistent pesterers (not meant
> perjoratively) apparently under a suitable license. I'd far rather see this
> published on the official websites of the Highway Authorities, not least
> because then one is reasonably sure that they have checked with OSGB re. OS
> data.

This approach to releasing PROW data is taken only by the local
authorities of Devon, Hampshire, North York Moors National Park,
Nottingham (City of) and Oxfordshire.  The appropriate web pages are:
     http://gis.devon.gov.uk/basedata/download.htm
     http://www3.hants.gov.uk/row/row-maps
     http://www.northyorkmoors.org.uk/living-in/how-the-authority-works/data/dataset-downloads
     http://www.opendatanottingham.org.uk/dataset.aspx?id=74
     http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/countryside-access-maps

If you know of any other local authority that has a web page releasing
their data, please let me know.

--
Barry Cornelius
http://www.northeastraces.com/