[Talk-GB] prow_ref

Steven Horner steven at stevenhorner.com
Fri Mar 29 14:31:13 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am still not clear of the outcome of how to add the references to OSM,
there doesn't appear to be any standard format across each local authority.

A better source for the data is probably www.rowmaps.com Derbyshire data is
available from there, it's released under an OS Open Data licence so it can
be used.

regards,
Steven

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Dudley Ibbett <dudleyibbett at hotmail.com>wrote:

> I have managed to get hold of a couple of maps from our Parish Council
> with the prow reference numbers written on them.  The map itself is marked
> as not to be photo copied and appears to have been issued by Derbyshire
> County Council.  It dates back to 2004.
>
> Is it going to be OK for me to use this map to put the prow_ref numbers
> into OSM?  I assume the base map is OS and subject to their copyright but
> the numbers appear to have been penned on.  I will only use it for the
> numbers and not for drawing anything else.
>
> When it comes to adding the numbers I actually have two maps as the PC
> covers two Parishes so the numbers are repeated.  I have read a suggestion
> somewhere that you could add the first letters of the parish before the
> number as a prow reference number.  Has there been any consensus on this.
> i.e. are we just adding the number.  The Parish boundaries are in OSM so
> you can determine the parish related to the number.
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Dudley

www.stevenhorner.com  <http://www.stevenhorner.com>
 @stevenhorner <http://twitter.com/stevenhorner>