[Talk-GB] prow_ref

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 08:01:04 UTC 2013

On 29 March 2013 15:39, Barry Cornelius <barrycorneliusuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this means choose either:
>    AV3/3
> or:
>    Ashleyhay FP 3
> as I think that will be what's on Derbyshire's online map.

+1

Personally, I would suggest going for the "Ashleyhay FP 3" format as a
default for the prow_ref key (i.e. parish name, two-letter type
abbreviation, path number without leading zeros). If the council
itself uses some variant of this in their own published material
(maybe with "FP" replaced by "Footpath" or by adding leading zeros to
the number) I'd probably still use the above standard form. But if the
council consistently uses some completely different code / format in
human-readable documentation (as opposed to just being used internally
as a database key), then I'd suggest adopting that instead.

We could probably do with having a table of counties in the wiki with
the prow_ref format we've decided to adopt for each one.

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker