[Talk-GB] Complaining about refs on roads again!

Bogus Zaba bogsub at bogzab.plus.com
Wed May 1 14:33:05 UTC 2013

On 05/01/2013 10:05 AM, David Earl wrote:
> On 01/05/2013 09:15, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:
>> if someone comes with an
>> alternative proposal for tagging those reference numbers on more minor
>> roads (i.e. a specific key to use), which gains widespread support in
>> the UK, I'd be happy to go along with that.
>
> According to http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:ref there is
> official_ref
+1 for official_ref.

This gets across immediately that we are dealing with an ID which is
used in a official documentation and also hints that the average road
user should not expect to see any sign of it on the ground. I changed a
number of these "ref" tags to "official_ref" in Chester making the
mapnik map much more readable (IMHO).

Bogus Zaba