[Talk-GB] LR Price Paid (Address) data from 1995 onwards

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Wed May 1 17:31:21 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I've previously written about the monthly releases of Land Registry Price
Paid data as these datasets are a great source of address details and are
available under OGL. Matt Williams has already done a good job pulling this
data into his Postcode Finder [1]. This is a nice tool that attempts to
match LR and OSM data.

Land Registry have now committed to releasing the historic Price Paid data
all the way back to 1995 [2]. I would imagine lots of houses have been sold
in this time:

--> Lots of house sales = Lots of addresses :-)

Should you wish to develop a tool to make use of this in helping OSM
contributors, then I would imagine many people would be very grateful. Feel
free to post ideas here. Matt is also a good person to get in touch with :-)

To quote Owen: "Have a biscuit, Land Registry."

Rob

[1] http://milliams.dev.openstreetmap.org/postcodefinder/landregistry/
[2]
http://mapgubbins.tumblr.com/post/49338579571/land-registry-to-release-price-paid-data-under-open