[Talk-GB] Govt Consultation Uses OSM Mapping

Paul Bivand paul.bivand at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri May 24 09:32:38 UTC 2013

Probably easier for DfT to use an OSM base rather than go through the
bureaucracy required to use their Ordnance Survey licence.

However, looks like an opportunity to map anything that might put a spoke
in their wheel - they mention Ramsar wetlands and the North Kent Downs
AONB.

Doesn't seem to be aware of any plans for new Thames Barrier given the
chances of substantial sea level rises following CO2 breaking new highs.

Let alone Boris Island - presume there is some connection between their
outer crossing and the possibility of new airport in Grain/Boris Island.

Flood risk maps on various sea level rise scenarios might be useful - sure
I've seen one with Southwark looking very wet.

Paul