[Talk-GB] Obstructed Rights of Way

Dudley Ibbett dudleyibbett at hotmail.com
Wed May 29 19:20:19 UTC 2013

Hi

I was doing some walking/mapping in Rookhope (Weardale) a few weeks back.  Whilst I have managed to map out some walls to the West of Rookhope I struggled with the footpaths that go through these fields.  Two I attempted were obstructed.  (I've marked them with fixmes)  I have reported the problems to Durham County Council but have had no response from their web page for reporting problems nor from a direct email request for feedback.

My general impression was that footpaths leading to the moorland are reasonably well marked but those crossing the fields neglected and not marked at all apart from the statutory signs by the metalled road.

I'm not really in the position (too far south) to follow this up and was wondering if anyone knows of a walking group in this area that takes an interest in maintaining rights of way access that might be willing to take this on?

Regards

Dudley