[Talk-GB] Chiddingfold/Dunsfold Footpath Mapping

Robert Norris rw_norris at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 1 23:16:18 UTC 2013

I would be, however I'd be more keen to take my mountain bike out - there's seems to be a few missing bridleways...

However if one goes a little further south (http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/51.0600/-0.5734) - there is a suspiciously ROW free zone in the OSM data.

Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving isn't for you.

From: Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
To: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 12:54:14 +0100
Subject: [Talk-GB] Chiddingfold/Dunsfold Footpath Mapping

Hi,

This is just a preliminary "see if there's enough interest" message really; I'm not even sure if I can do it in the near future but if there is enough interest I'll see if I can make time.

Was thinking of running part 3 of an annual series of footpath parties in SW Surrey to fill in the gaps. In 2011 we did Chiddingfold area, in 2012 Cranleigh area but there are still some gaps in between Chiddingfold and Dunsfold (see www.fixmypaths.org: search for Chiddingfold; FixMyPaths overlays council footpath data on OSM so can be used to easily locate unmapped paths).

As for the earlier events in the series, the idea is to licence the mapping data gathered as public domain, so that it can be used in OSM while Tim and 80n can use it in fosm.

Please let me know if you're interested. It would either be within the next few weeks or from around mid Feb onwards, to avoid the limited daylight of midwinter, and probably Sun rather than Sat (but can be flexible)

Thanks,
Nick