[Talk-GB] Advice needed for maxweight turning restriction

Oliver Jowett oliver.jowett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 14:30:15 UTC 2013

On 14 October 2013 13:24, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) <
robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com> wrote:

> The note is great for humans, but won't be able to be interpreted by
> routing algorithms. Using the "Conditional Restrictions" from
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conditional_restrictions , I'd
> suggest adding using the following tags:
>
> oneway = yes
> oneway:bicycle = no
> oneway:conditional = no @ height>13'13"
>
> The makes the road one-way, unless you're riding a bike or higher than
> 13'13". I'd leave the note=* bit in to clarify the unusual situation
> in human-readable language for other mappers.

Similar case: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/22974367
(streetview: http://goo.gl/maps/JjNKR and http://goo.gl/maps/x8Z0S)

One-way for vehicles with MGW>3t, two-way for bicycles, no access for other
vehicles.
That uses bicycle:backward=yes, rather than oneway:bicycle=no

Oliver