[Talk-GB] Multiple nodes for Sheffield

Filip Chirita Rares Cristian chirita.rares at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 10:56:29 UTC 2013

Just chipping in, I've had this problem once too, with a lot of info on the
map not rendering for some reason (I was using Potlatch at the time), and
it had quite a lot of roads missing. I've added the roads, only to find
that about an hour or so later, everything was rendering properly again and
all the work that I did was duplicates. I've reverted that changeset, but
maybe it's an actual bug? Andrew, what editor were you using at the time?

Chris

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Andrew Steele <andrew.steele at gmx.com>wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 22:12:47 +0000
> SomeoneElse <lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Over the weekend I spotted that Sheffield seems to have been added twice
> > recently:
> >
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/2510041800
> > and
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/2494466157
> >

> > as both are recent edits, I presume that both were added in good faith,
> > possibly almost in parallel.  However, should either of them be here at
> all?
> >
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/106956
> > has
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/266155142/history
> >
> > as a member, but that's been "name = Sheffield City Centre" for a couple
> > of years.
> >
> > What's the "correct" way to set up admin boundaries and city centres so
> > that neither humans nor nominatim are confused?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Andy

> One of them is my doing. For some reason, the Sheffield tag had
> disappeared from the map in recent weeks so it isn't showing the name of
> the city at certain zoom levels. I assumed it was because someone
> accidentally deleted the node as I couldn't find it while editing, but also
> couldn't find the changeset causing the problem to revert. That explains
> the duplicate then...
>
> It's probably worth the node I added being deleted, but the issue with the
> city name being rendered on the map probably needs looking at as well.
>

> --
> Andrew Steele <andrew.steele at gmx.com>

Life is not the amount of times you breathe, is the moments that take your
breath away.

To all things comes an end. And to all things comes a beginning.

Cred in inspirat, nu in expirat. in vise, nu in somn. In trait, nu in
existat.