[Talk-GB] Editor backbground layers in iD

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 23:04:40 UTC 2013

>Dealing with it from a UI perspective is difficult, and I get the
>impression that's the main issue, not the coding once the UI is figured
>out.

I'm not a UI designer, but I'll have a go at sketching a few ideas over the
next 7 days. It would be a shame to drop background layers where they are
useful for wider geographical data (be that in historical mapping, or
picking up names of land features that may have been forgotten over the
course of time) and have acted as a good way for us to build up a wider
community.

Regards,
Rob

p.s. I cannot hep with the coding as that is way beyond my limited skills.
I am however happy to add any additional tags to the background layer .json
files on the github page you linked to.