[Talk-GB] Moderator Comments - Was Re: UK Food Hygiene Rating System

Michael Collinson mj.collinson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 15:02:11 UTC 2013

OK guys, time to end this thread. Not sure if I am an official moderator
on this particular list, but wading in.

We Brits are supposed to be ladies and gentlemen every one, so let's act
like that on our own list.  May I ask all concerned to take a read
through
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Community_Code_of_Conduct_%28Draft%29

I'd like to emphasise a couple of things:

First, robust rational debate is fine but when being critical please
bend over backwards to be constructive, "help not hinder" and think
about personal impact. The impersonal medium of email can make things
appear much harsher than perhaps we really mean.

Second, a broad observation in response to a matter I was contacted
about off-line:  we all have our personal projects that may not be so
important to others but collectively have made OSM what is is over time.
Please don't knock 'em. Ignore if you must, help if you can.

Cheers and Happy Mapping,
Mike