[Talk-GB] Geological Data

Andy Robinson ajrlists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 15:20:04 UTC 2013

The email below came through on the carto-soc mailing list today:

Dear all

We have several thousand U.S. Geological Survey 1:24,000 and 1:62,500 scale
maps available to a good home. An institution is preferred but as long as
the maps are not sold, requests from individuals will also be considered.

Unfortunately there is no list of the maps. There are maps of every state,
though there are more maps for some states than others and no state is
complete. The dates vary though many are from the 1950s and 1960s.

*	We would prefer to send all of the maps of a particular scale (or
both scales) to one institution.

*	The maps are in a big pile but we might be able to identify maps of
particular states and just send these. It will not, however, be possible to
select individual sheets.

*	The maps are free but delivery costs will probably need to be met by
the receiving institution/person.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Many  thanks

Anne

--
Anne Taylor
Head of Map Department, Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge
Tel: 01223-333041.   Fax: 01223-333160.   email: aemt2 at cam.ac.uk
http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/deptserv/maps/

!!VAT NUMBER: G.B. 823 8476 09!!