[Talk-GB] iD and accidental landuse deletions

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 12:59:42 UTC 2013

Ed Loach wrote:
>> It would be MUCH safer if you had to pick the boundary to select
> it!
>
> But much harder to use for areas that share the boundary ways with
> an adjacent area. You'd have to resort to the / stuff that Potlatch
> uses or middle-click for JOSM (or whatever).

I think all I am asking for is that it only selects an area if the boundary is
actually visible. But I'm used to 3D drawing packages which provide a select
list when there are several entities within range. This warns when the wrong one
is selected and allows selection of the right one.

The problem is where several areas overlap, and you don't know that they are.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL