[Talk-GB] iD and accidental landuse deletions

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 15:15:03 UTC 2013

On 10 September 2013 13:20, Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net> wrote:

> That's true. What I noticed with these landuse areas is:
>
> (a) the beginnings of a pattern, suggesting a defect in the software

I gave iD a try recently, and went back to using Potlatch pretty
quickly afterwards. One of the main reasons what that I found it too
hard to see which object was selected. I found I needed the Bing
background imagery on full brightness to see it clearly enough, and
then the highlighting of the selected object just didn't stand out
enough to make it immediately obvious what was selected. I wonder if
this is something to do with the problem. (It may not help that I'm
slightly red--green colour-blind, and the highlighting uses a red-ish
colour, which is often overlayed on a green-ish Bing background image.

I'd also agree with one of the later comments that it's not very
intuitive if you can select an area, none of whose boundary is visible
in the current map view.

Robert

--
Robert Whittaker