[Talk-GB] bing image alignment

OpenStreetmap HADW osmhadw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 13:37:42 UTC 2013

On 13 September 2013 14:22, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Cm-level GPS accuracy is coming within our grasp... My attention was
> recently drawn to this:
>
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/swiftnav/piksi-the-rtk-gps-receiver

You need to operate in differential mode to get the full accuracy,
which means you still need an accurately surveyed datum.

I don't see that it will help with reflections.

I also wonder if it will prompt the re-introduction of selective
availability, as it gives some of the advantages of the higher
chipping rates on the, encrypted, find mode GPS signal, and probably
doesn't have the velocity and altitude caps normally applied to
commercial receivers.  I believe the military have the advantage that
they can use the second frequency to help do large area ionosphere
corrections.