[Talk-GB] bing image alignment

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 13 18:59:38 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 05:41:04PM +0100, OpenStreetmap HADW wrote:
> My feeling is, that, until we can get our own grid of accurately
> surveyed reference points, we ought choose one source that is better
> than GPS.

No one has mentioned the OS gps (passive) stations: for example
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/472420260
http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/business-and-government/help-and-support/navigation-technology/os-net/surveying.html

Can we not use them at least for some reference points?

That said the one above is in a lethal position on the verge of a very
dangerous road: you take your life in your hands getting to it, and then
have to fight the stinging nettles...

ael