[Talk-GB] Using store locator as source

Adam Hoyle adam.lists at dotankstudios.com
Mon Sep 16 16:35:56 UTC 2013

On 16 Sep 2013, at 16:14, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 September 2013 14:18, Adam Hoyle <adam.lists at dotankstudios.com> wrote:
>
>> If there is no license on their website regarding the information, then shouldn't it be considered public domain?
>
> Err, no. That's not how the law works - either on copyright or on
> database rights.

Lol, good point - perhaps I should ask if any of them can attribute a license to the locations on their sites - what would be the best license for them to use? Creative Commons, or something else? Any good URLs to share would be handy to make a stronger case - if they don't just look at me blankly that is.

Adam