[Talk-GB] User with long list of slow vandalism

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Mon Sep 23 19:26:27 UTC 2013

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> (the *ideal* but often utopian course of action being that the user
> sees his mistake and fixes it himself!),

In my personal experience, mappers that are still engaged with the
project *1 normally do reply to a "hello-and-welcome-but-by-the-way"
message positively *2, and most do fix stuff themselves.  I can only
think of a few cases locally where users weren't responding to messages
from other users but continued to mess things up (knowingly or
unknowingly), and in two of those a short editing block brought the
mappers concerned into communication with everyone else.

In this case it'd be interesting to see what happens next, after they've
received messages from at least a couple of other mappers.

Cheers,

Andy

*1 More people who've "just added X" and don't come back don't reply to
messages at all.

*2 Out of several hundred such "welcome" messages over the past 4.5
years I can only remember one that said "well why don't you fix it then".