[Talk-GB] Mapping Indoor walkways

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Fri Apr 4 19:01:04 UTC 2014

On 04/04/2014 19:40, Dudley Ibbett wrote:
> I visited the NEC this week and tried using Osmand to navigate between
> Birmingham International Railway Station and the Hilton Hotel.  Whilst
> the map was very helpful and has lots of detail, the suggested route
> took you via roads.  How might you map the walkways through the NEC
> building which would hopefully provide the actual walking route you
> would take, assuming the building is open?  Or is this something that
> isn't suitable for OSM mapping?

Here's an example of what I have done consistently for the University of
Cambridge in similar situations:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/147456596
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/148248008

I'll post some photos of what these actually look like in a moment.

There's some documentation of the schema we used here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Cambridge/University_of_Cambridge

David