[Talk-GB] City names translation

Pavlo Dudka pavlo.dudka at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 13:50:41 UTC 2014

Lester, you are right. I miss understood you previous message.
Do you want OSM data model to be changed?
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:RailsPortModels.png
It has very valuable feature: it is flexible for data of absolutely any
kind.
Extracting names to separate table will make it less sophisticated.

OSM data api is only (should only be) used by data editors and should not
be used for bulk data loading. I don't see any problem to load all
name:**-tags in JOSM or other editors.
It would be nice to have some JOSM plugin hiding name:** tag/value for
those who prefers not to see some tags.