[Talk-GB] Courier Delivery Points

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Thu Aug 7 11:05:33 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-08-07 at 11:39 +0100, Matt Williams wrote:
> On 6 August 2014 19:52, Brian Prangle <bprangle at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ive been out and about and doing some web research on secure parcel
> > delivery/collection lockers. The Packstation system in Germany only applies
> > to Germany and is a proprietary system operated by DHL. In the UK from what
> > I can work out there are two operators: ByBox and InPost. Most other courier
> > services tend to use these two, although I'm sure I've seen a MyHermes
> > station somewhere even though their website says they use ByBox.
>
> There are also quite a lot of Amazon ones. There'll be several in each
> city and many larger towns will have them too. There's 4 in central
> Birmingham and 3 more in the outskirts.
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200966210
>
> Matt

Interesting, although the search is somewhat broken. My postcode area
SY4, brings up nothing despite there being lots in Telford and
Shrewsbury. I would expect it to be able to tell me where the nearest
is, even if it was in Central London.

Wonders if it would allow me to have something delivered to one of these
locations.

A few years ago pizza hut did prevent me ordering a pizza online for
collection because the collection point was too far from my home (card
registered address).

Phil (trigpoint)