[Talk-GB] UK addresses

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 22:26:00 UTC 2014

Two things:

   - I was emphatically told by people who know that the BS enables
   describing much more than mere postal addresses. In other words PAON, SAON
   etc., are not merely for building number & flat number.
   - Some of the issues you raise were discussed at last Friday's Open
   Addresses Symposium (bulk of slides here
   <http://www.slideshare.net/theODI/open-addresses-symposium-slides-8th-august-2014>),
   and the great and the good of the UK addressing world seemed to be of a
   like mind regarding how the Royal Mail PAF encodes addresses (that any open
   address scheme should handle places (locality etc) in ways which are useful
   over and above how the post is delivered.

Cheers,

Jerry

PS. My own slides are up on Slideshare too.