[Talk-GB] Bus routes and names

Antje Maroussi kuriasity at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 19:45:21 UTC 2014

Hello,

I don’t know what is going on: recently, I have been modernising London’s bus routes to the current public transport scheme as the Wiki recommended, which each variant having a direction. However, the user “max93600” has been playing around with the name of each variant.

Whereas I use "London Buses route 24 Northbound” to help editors each variant so they can put it to the right bus stop, max93600 has been changing them carelessly with the comment "Modifications diverses”: in this editor’s recent edits, so that both directions of Bus 24 read "Relation: Bus 24 : Grosvenor Road ↔ Royal Free Hospital (see 3523629 v25 and 3523630 v26). That causes confusion to editors because JOSM uses the name field to identify each variant.

I’m only going by the book to update the routes to current alignments but how should I approach this without driving everyone insane? Thanks.