[Talk-GB] Quietways question

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon Dec 15 14:36:42 UTC 2014

Hi Antje,

To answer your questions...

On 13 December 2014 at 00:59, Antje wrote:

> 1. Will Quietways be numbered for easy reference?

This isn't yet 100% clear, but it looks likely.

> 2. Will Quietways completely entail the start of the gradual phase-out of
> the current LCN and LCN+ system so that OpenStreetMap would be less
> confused with the myriad systems we currently have (LCN, LCN+ and the newer
> Superhighways)?

So far as OpenStreetMap is concerned, we can treat the LCN, LCN+ and
Quietways routes as part of the same local cycling network. A lot of
Quietway routes are going to take in and upgrade existing LCN and LCN+
routes.

3. Finally, to encourage cycling further, could you kindly help provide the
> necessary legal clearance to allow OpenStreetMap to map the new quietways
> as they come in?

I work at City Hall, and could press TfL to release some kind of map that
is unencumbered by Ordnance Survey copyright issues. Otherwise we will be
using the same method as with other cycling routes - cycling along them and
taking notes to add them in when back home.

Best wishes,
Tom

--
web: http://tomchance.org