[Talk-GB] Mechanical edit: shop=betting to shop=bookmaker for selected names

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Thu Dec 18 00:19:03 UTC 2014

Dear all,

In October, I proposed the following edit.

For all objects within the UK tagged with shop=betting and name
Betfred, Coral, Ladbrokes, Paddy Power or William Hill, the tag
shop=betting will be changed into shop=bookmaker.

More information can be found here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edits/Math1985/Betting.

No opposition has been raised, and no opt-outs have been received. I
will therefore go ahead with this edit.

The data working group have indicated that they have issues with
voting used as a procedure to approve mechanical edits - I will come
back to that in a separate e-mail. However, as the community seems to
be unanimous in favour of this edit, I believe there is no reason to
further postpone this edit.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to the discussion.

Kind regards,
Matthijs