[Talk-GB] RFC-3 Mechanical edit: UK Shop Names

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Thu Dec 18 10:58:29 UTC 2014

On 18 Dec 2014 10:40, "SomeoneElse" <lists at atownsend.org.uk> wrote:

> On 18/12/2014 02:10, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
>>
>> If you oppose this proposal, or if you want to register particular
>> areas or objects for an opt-out, please edit the wiki page under the
>> section 'Oppositions and opt-out'.
>

> At the risk of restating the obvious,
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Edit_Policy must still be
followed, including the bit where it says "You must not go ahead with your
plans if there is noticeable opposition".

> So this particular proposal is not "opt out".  If there is "noticeable
opposition", then it shouldn't go ahead.

That is indeed how I intended the proposal. Mappers have both the
opportunity to opt out, and the opportunity to voice their opposition. If
you believe this is not clear from the text of the proposal, feel free to
suggest an improvement to the text.

Kind regards,
Matthijs