[Talk-GB] RFC-3 Mechanical edit: UK Shop Names

Ed Loach edloach at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 12:33:29 UTC 2014

> Finding small problems like this does have an advantage, but it looks
> like fixing them mechanically is actually missing the opportunity to
> improve the map in other ways at the same time.

As it happens, the local Sainsbury's that I just updated also made me realise that there is now aerial imagery which shows it since it was first estimated, and I've used that to define the car park, convert the petrol station node to an area, and improve the detail on the building shape:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/27549414
- a slightly larger changeset than just adding an apostrophe (had the building had a shop tag).

And as I look to see if the changes have rendered, I realise the Harvester next door is missing (I've eaten there) and I can add that from Bing too.

Ed