[Talk-GB] RFC-3 Mechanical edit: UK Shop Names

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Thu Dec 18 12:33:07 UTC 2014

On 18 December 2014 at 12:18, Jonathan Bennett <jonobennett at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, if local mappers could somehow be alerted to this small
> discrepancy, they would probably spot other things in the same area that
> needed updating at the same time. They might not go looking for them
> otherwise.
>
> Finding small problems like this does have an advantage, but it looks like
> fixing them mechanically is actually missing the opportunity to improve the
> map in other ways at the same time.

I have tried contacting local mappers before (in the case of the
betting/bookmaker change), but response has been very limited (less
than 5% of the contacted mappers responded). So this is not really a
solution.

An alternative would be to create Notes for every misspelling.
However, that would result in the creation of hundreds of new Notes,
and I doubt people would be really happy with that.

Kind regards,
Matthijs