[Talk-GB] Somerset Levels Flooding

John Baker rovastar at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 7 16:38:27 UTC 2014

> Define "slow" for a printed atlas? Should we be pulping them each
> minute? Day? Week?
Printed atlas!? So insensitive I carry a globe around.
I wonder however what about the providers that do want update their data, say, daily are at a disadvantage if we don't mark these cases.
Hence why I suggested maybe a month or so in this broken state maybe we should edit. These parameters will vary between mappers but a threshold maybe we could agree open here. Maybe some still consider estimated 1 year bridge closures is not long enough to consider updating the map.
Also maybe it should have more weight to the mapper local to the area (hence your Putney example).  And/or how quick it will be monitored and updated.*Shrug*

> Unless, of course, there are people who are deliberately looking for> an argument...

;-)