[Talk-GB] Possible vandalism? New Forth Road Bridge being changed to motorway from construction

Filip Chirita Rares Cristian chirita.rares at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 10:57:00 UTC 2014

I agree with your points, especially since there's more and more talk about
introuding OSM into school environments, and not just for the UK region but
also being part of the curriculum in other parts of Europe.

The  only problem I see with that is that it seems to be against the "open"
part of OpenStreetMap. Anyone can edit Wikipedia, and eventually any errors
will be detected. As long as each of us takes care of their area, maybe
even instate some moderators to look over certain areas(such as highways) I
don't see how major errors can slip unnoticed.

Chris

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 1:02 AM, Chris Fleming <me at chrisfleming.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 09, 2014 at 08:32:25PM +0000, Donald Noble wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > The user robbief14 [1] has changed sections of the M90 around the New
> Forth
> > Road Bridge which are still currently under construction to live
> motorway.
> > They had also deleted all of the tags for the current road bridge.
> >
> > I therefore reverted this changeset before further changes were made, and
> > send a polite email asking why they had done it and if they realise they
> > were affecting the map for everyone.
> >
> > No response to this message, however they have changed the crossing back
> > motorway. See [2] below for relevant changesets.
> >
> > I would appreciate somebody else trying to contact this user.
>
> Not good. Definitly not open for some time, I'm going to revert the
> changeset and get in touch with him again.
>
> This is the user:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/robbief14
>
> Only been signed up for 5 days  Looks like edits in Australia and
> Scotland...
>
> Cheers
> Chris
> >
> > [1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/robbief14
> > [2]
> > original changeset: http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/20442315
> > my revert:     http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/20452252
> > changed back to motorway again:
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/20458591
> >
> > --
> > Donald Noble
> > http://drnoble.co.uk - http://flickr.com/photos/drnoble

> --
> e: me at chrisfleming.org
> m: 07980 214061
> w: http://chrisfleming.org/
> t: @chrisfl

Life is not the amount of times you breathe, is the moments that take your
breath away.

To all things comes an end. And to all things comes a beginning.

Cred in inspirat, nu in expirat. in vise, nu in somn. In trait, nu in
existat.