[Talk-GB] Town v City

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Tue Feb 25 09:47:15 UTC 2014

I have come across, and corrected a number of mis-tagged UK towns and cities, which had clearly been mis-tagged to suit the renderer.

City status is an honour granted by The Queen, not something that can be claimed by size or population. Like trunk roads, its quirky and like trunk roads I see it as the way we do things here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_city_status

Most had been incorrectly tagged by user LOQii in the past few months.

If a user wants to highlight places by size/population then should the renderer be fixed to use that available information rather than delibrate mis-tagging?

Phil (trigpoint)
--

Sent from my Nokia N9