[Talk-GB] Wikimania London

Richard Symonds richard.symonds at wikimedia.org.uk
Fri Feb 28 15:22:08 UTC 2014

All,

Just to spam you some more about (sorry!):

Wikimania, Wikimedia's open knowledge conference, is moving on quickly, and
will be held at the Barbican with about 4,000 people attending. *I am
really keen to get some representation from the OSM community.* If anyone
is interested in presenting about OpenStreetMap, Wikimedia UK can probably
cover your costs - drop me an email! In theory presentation submissions can
go in until the 31st March, but the quicker they go in the more people are
likely to sign that they intend to attend them. So if you are planning to
make a submission I would suggest putting at least an outline in now so
that you give people the opportunity to signup to ones they might attend.
You would still have the whole of March to finalise your submission.

Submissions for Wikimania can be created from a link at the bottom of this
page <https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions>. For those of
you who haven't been to Wikimania, think "State of the Map", but a little
bigger and with more attendees from outside organisations. There'll also be
a good chance to get an OSM/Wikidata crossover going - something I'm really
keen on.

All the best,

Richard Symonds
Wikimedia UK