[Talk-GB] Royal Mail & Parcelforce delivery offices

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Sun Jan 12 12:48:36 UTC 2014

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 12:30:42 +0000
Andy Street <andy at street.me.uk> wrote:

Hello Andy,

>If there is a facility that allows the general public access to collect
>or send mail then I'd consider amenity=post_office to be appropriate.

Royal Mail, Post Office and Parcel Force are three separate companies,
and have been for a number of years now, so care should be taken when
using the word 'or' in that way;  Royal Mail Sorting Offices have the
facility for customers to collect post, but can't be described as Post
Offices, since you can't, for example, tax your car there.

I will freely admit that, in some cases, the lines between the
companies and services they offer can be blurred.

--
 Regards  _
This is the fifty first state of the USA