[Talk-GB] Warwickshire County Council releases aerial imagery

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 21:41:03 UTC 2014

>Hi everyone
>
>This url is indeed just for the 3 sets of aerial imagery and I will check
>with Jonathan at WCC if it's correct
>
>Regards
>
>Brian

Hi All,

As noted the http://wppgeog3/gs/Aerial_Photography/wms link will not work
on the public web (it's a internal link for Warwickshire CC only as it has
no "top level domain" such as ".com"). Whilst we are waiting for Brian to
get an updated link that provides only access to the 3 aerial imagery
layers that we are allowed to use, I will answer some of the other
questions raised:

   - This is available under the OGL v2.0 (as confirmed in person and by
   email to several OSM members in the West Midlands)
   - Warwickshire CC are "hoping to create a web-page with more details in
   the near future (ideally this week; depends on the web team). That should
   cover the licensing in detail"
   - I had informal conversations about getting open licence access to some
   of the other layers that WCC have and will follow these up in due course.
   If you have an urgent desire to use something (e.g. street lights, bridge
   restrictions) then let me know.

Regards,
Rob

p.s. I'm not subscribed to this list so apologies that my replies are not
properly threaded.