[Talk-GB] Bitcoin business listings

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Wed Jan 22 11:49:24 UTC 2014

Hello,

A little while ago Amaroussi posted a diary entry about people adding
bitcoin payment info to OSM objects:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Amaroussi/diary/20772

I've just spotted somebody adding a node that looks like it's solely for
the purpose of showing up on listings like CoinMap:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2631585539

In this case, it looks like it's just a business listing for a carpenter
who happens to live in this tower block, not a physical workshop (which
could conceivably be added as building=yes and craft=carpenter).

Has anyone else noticed these? I'm inclined to contact the user explaining
why I think he/she should delete the node. I wouldn't want to see OSM fill
up with pointless info like this.

Regards,
Tom