[Talk-GB] UK Open Government Licence

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 17:47:40 UTC 2014

"You need to formally ask:  Any other dataset published under the OS
OpenData License by other organisations, such as English Heritage, (or
by OS if any)."

is unclear: ask who?

Ask the organisation doing the publishing (eg Norfolk CC), or OS?

My impression of the Mike Collinson dialogue was that OS basically agreed
that *indirect* use of their mapbase in this fashion as the context for
someone else's data was OK, but that the "someone else" also had to agree,
not that OS had to be asked each and every time. Robert's interpretation is
that OS have to be asked every time.

Perhaps the wiki text could be made more explicit.