[Talk-GB] POI features: node vs way?

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 10:15:11 UTC 2014

Hi -

Definitely you should _not_ tag both the polygon and a node. That
creates two objects, and many systems will then think there are two
pubs!

This is articulated in this principle:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/One_feature,_one_OSM_element

If you have a need for POIs as point features, simply convert all
relevant ways/relations into nodes while populating your database.
It's very easy to calculate the centroid (average position) of nodes
in a way.

Dan