[Talk-GB] POI features: node vs way?

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Sun Jan 26 10:33:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

OK thanks.
TBH the only time I ever saw someone talk about this situation was a demo given by one of the long standing OSM members back in 2007 at the Portsmouth SoC event when he recommended creating two features, one for the area and one for the POI - seeing as I've always tagged POIs as point features, though, it's not been something I've had to deal with until now when I've noticed a few point features converted to areas.

Is there an actual existing tool to do this (I use osmosis and osm2pgsql) or do I need to write my own?

Thanks,
Nick